Campus Contern has become the first office complex in Luxembourg to obtain a ‘CO2 neutral’ label.
This is a great reward for our continuous efforts since the genesis of the project in 2007. Our job is to offer you ergonomic, pleasant, modern and easy-going office spaces for rent: our #feelgoodatwork.
But it is also a commitment to action because the goal is essential, the task enormous and the result essential: we must all act to repair our climate mistakes.
Talking VS acting
Speaking is very good, very useful because the concience must be massive. Yet it is the actions, however small, that will count. Cahcun to its measure, according to its means, can act and we are very proud to have obtained this CO2 neutral label, well before the deadline of 2030, because we were ready and committed
Every action counts
Since the beginning of the construction of our 5 office buildings in Contern, we have been optimizing everything to reduce our footprint:
- The first to obtain the BREEAM Excellent label in Luxembourg (and still today only 8% of buildings hold a green label of this type) with QBuild and PWC
- Among the first to promote soft mobility even though we have one of the highest parking ratios in Luxembourg:
- The first to test an autonomous electric shuttle to make the link between sandweiler Contern station and our offices (the famous last 900 m that discourage taking public transport) with the Municipality of Contern and Sales Lentz
- The first to install 67 charging stations for electric vehicles. At the time, we had no request, so we had to make the egg/chicken choice: do we wait for the request to act or do we act to activate the request? Obviously we chose action! The first year we rented a dozen and this year they are almost all used and we are working to add more to satisfy our tenants.
- The first (by a few days) to have a shared car on site to facilitate travel or unforeseen events for people who use transport or carpooling with Moovee
- Among the first to install solar panels and closely follow the evolution of legislation to add more
- Among the first to consider hydrogen power plants … project on stand by legislative which should resume soon
- Among the first to recycle cigarette butts with Shime
- The first to install a natural ecosystem in the building to purify the air, clean up HVAC and clean without chemicals and water with Indoor Forest
- And then there are all the other actions that everyone else does equally:
- Maximize recycling and minimize waste
- Optimize lighting and faucets
- Digitize billing, signage, certain services to provide maximum comfort and service while limiting our footprint
- Promoting biodiversity
- Offer free fitness classes
- Obtaining the CSR label
Some of these actions were simple, others a technical challenge, others a investment but the result is there: our buildings date from 2008 for the first to 2019 for the last but they have a neutral and intelligent carbon footprint to maximize the comfort of the occupants and minimize the operating costs for us and our tenants.
Thank you to all our partners and tenants for following us and helping us do more!